I don't know my computer's model number, how can I find the correct RAM?
You can use our Check My System feature at the bottom of our Manufacturers page to automatically tell you the information you need to find the correct memory. Otherwise, please provide the following information in an email to customer support in order to determine what memory you need:
- How many memory slots do you have? (It should be 2, 3 or 4)
- How many sticks of memory do you have in it now?
- How much memory in MB/GB is currently installed?
- Please provide all of the numbers off of any stickers on a piece of memory.
- Look at one of the little black chips on the memory stick and provide all of the numbers off of one chip. (it is generally easier to read the chip numbers if you hold it under a bright light)
- What is your processor speed? (i.e. 2.0GHz)
- How many little black chips are along each side of your module
- What is the brand, model, and number of your machine or motherboard? (Just provide us with anything you can) With this information we can generally locate the correct memory for any computer.